4 uncooked manicotti shells
1 cup cubed chicken breast
1 cup salsa, divided
1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
2 T sliced olives (I didn't use these)
4 T fresh minced parsley
1 green onion, sliced
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
1/3 cup reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
What to do:
Cook manicotti according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, ricotta cheese, olives, parsley, green onion, garlic and pepper sauce. Drain manicotti and fill with chicken mixture.
Spread 1/4 cup salsa in 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with manicotti shells and remaining salsa.
Cover and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition:
Calories- 390
Fat- 10 g
Cholesterol- 81
Sodium- 783
Carbs- 38
Fiber- 2
Protein- 35
I'd love to try this as a vegetarian recipe with black beans instead of the chicken. I actually mixed in some black beans with it when I made it and it was fabulous. It was a bit too filling with the chicken and black beans though so next time I'll probably make mine with the black beans and Matt's with both.
No comments:
Post a Comment