Friday, May 14, 2010

Baked Chicken Chimichangas

What you need:
1.5 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1.5 cups picante sauce
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2/3 cup chopped green onions
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
6 flour tortillas
1 T butter, melted (I actually just used spray fake butter)

What to do:
In a bowl combine the chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture into the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.

Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining picante sauce and onions.

Makes 6 servings

Nutrition:
calories- 269
fat- 8 g
cholesterol- 39
sodium- 613
carbs- 31
fiber- 1
protein- 17

These were really good! I actually doubled the recipe and we'll be eating them for a few days. I topped them with Greek yogurt too. It was great to make ahead, throw in the fridge and just put it in the oven at dinner time. I'll definitely make them again. After I get through the other million recipes I have on the list.

**From Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook**

No comments:

Post a Comment