Thursday, May 6, 2010

Frisco, TX!

For our little weekend away family vacation we headed to Frisco, TX! One of my favorite places! Our first stop was at the American Girl store. This was like heaven to a little girl and her mommy. Not so much for her daddy who was footing the bill. We came out with a Bitty Baby and the starter set. Very exciting!


















We played GI Joe out in front of the hotel. This was actually a rather pleasant way to spend some time while daddy got some work done.














We went to Dunkin Donuts so the kids could experience what real donuts should taste like. And mommy likes the coffee. J took a turn with the camera.














Then of course M had to take a turn too.














Then mommy got a turn. Look how happy everyone looks with good donuts and coffee!














Daddy got to ride the carousel with the kiddos.














We went to the Fort Worth Zoo which was amazing. The kids had such a great time and all the grown ups did too! We could have spent all day there if the kids hadn't worn out.














I love this picture because it's a glimpse into what usually goes into getting pictures of our kids. Matt tries to bribe them and of course they rarely cooperate.

























M's favorites were the Macaws. She's a bird lover. Too bad for her that mommy hates birds. A lot.














M being pleasant and cute.














J, grandma Sonya and grandpa Mark headed through the zoo.















Grandma was even brave enough to take the kids swimming outside. I still couldn't swim with my new tattoo but I heard the water was freezing so that's ok with me!





























I would say the trip was a great success. It took us 2 vehicles to get home our IKEA purchase, the rides there and back were rather peaceful, the kids love traveling with grandparents and everyone slept fantastically! That's what I call a successful vacation!

This trip was exactly one year since our first trip to Frisco to see Kenny last year. We drove by Pizza Hut Park while we were there and talked about the many hours we spent in the parking lot, the horrible storm we stayed through the first time and the miserable heat we stood in 2 weeks later when we went back. Ponchos the first time, aloe vera the second time. And 2 trips to IHOP because it was the only thing open after 10 PM. The first time freezing and miserable and the second time deliriously happy and sunburned. (And we went to IHOP 2 times on this trip too. Good memories) Driving by there I could still hear him singing. I could still remember every detail of how it smelled, felt and sounded. If he plays there next year you can bet we'll be there to do it all over again. Summer of 2011 I'm sure will make up for missing him this year! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment