There's no way I'm making a new recipe this week but I do have a great cooking secret to share instead! A while back I was reading on the Bodybugg message boards that you can replace all the ingredients in a cake mix with a diet soda and the cake comes out perfect but with way less calories and fat. I got brave and decided to try it for Easter and guess what? Perfect cake! I used a chocolate cake mix with Diet Coke but I really want to try a white cake mix with Diet Sprite and see how it turns out. I'm not much of a chocolate cake person but I think it would be really good with either Diet Dr. Pepper with Cherry or Diet Cherry coke. When I get my appetite back I'll make the white version and post it.
Of course I then topped these healthy cupcakes with this
frosting to make them extra fabulous. :)
So...you just pour a whole can of diet soda into the cake mix and nothing else?
ReplyDeleteI will try it too. And lets think of a healthy way to duplicate frosting.
Yes, clarify... just the can of drink and NOTHING else? You use the whole can right?
ReplyDeleteJust the can of drink and nothing else. Came out perfect!
ReplyDeleteWhat you mean that frosting isn't healthy? Butter is dairy!! ;)
Yeah, that is what I told myself about my no bake cookies today: WHOLE grains, NATURAL peanut butter, SKIM milk. Totally healthy.
ReplyDeleteI will try the cake soon.
We've tried the white cake mix with sprite. Comes out very moist. LOVE IT!
ReplyDeletei will have to try that, i don't do diet soda but i think there is a naturally sweetened one that might work, or maybe vitamin water zero? hahaha! also have you checked out the dark chocolate pb i blogged about a while ago? it tastes like choc frosting but it's peanut butter ie, actually healthy, hahahaaa!!!
ReplyDelete