Today was a busy day for us! M had a dance performance bright and early at 8 AM (pictures to come soon), then dance rehearsal, garage sale and we went to see Kenny in 3D. Now obviously the most important part of our day was seeing Kenny Chesney. At $18 a ticket we were a little nervous about taking the kids but they did awesome. They sat through the whole thing without a word. Except M getting excited about certain songs. It was 90 minutes of pure bliss for me. I could feel the heat in Indy last summer, the rain from Dallas and the amazing love that we fans have for him. It was wonderful to see the good moments that have been such a part of our summer since 2003. It was sad to see the moment that ended the tour last year with him crying on stage and letting us sing for him. Kenny said it best when he said that his fans don't just listen to his songs. It's not just music, but a way of life for many of us. We live by these songs and have some amazing memories from the summers we've spent with Kenny and fellow fans. I know not everyone gets it. Only Kenny fans understand the weird relationship we all have. Normal people just can't possibly get it. :) We'll stand out in the burning heat, the pouring rain, tornado sirens going off, getting hailed on, being sunburned in an almost unbearable way or anything else that nature throws our way. You'll still drive by a Kenny concert and see us all there in the parking lot having one hell of a good time. I'm definitely missing him this year, but I'm super excited about what next summer will bring! You better believe Matt and I will be along for the ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment