Sunday, April 18, 2010

Feeling a Bit Better

Sometimes when you feel like you're hanging off a cliff and there's nobody there to help pull you back in, someone comes to the rescue. That's exactly how I was feeling lately. I felt like I was just trying to pull myself back up but couldn't quite get there. Tonight I had dinner with 2 wonderful friends who made me feel like I wasn't alone. They didn't judge me or make me feel like I couldn't share my thoughts with them. They didn't pretend like there was really nothing wrong. They talked to me and helped me work out some things that I really didn't know how to deal with. I suddenly feel like I can breathe again. My stomach isn't in knots and I'm not on the verge of tears for the first time in a long time. I feel at peace, even if it's just for a moment. Does one conversation fix everything and make it all better? Nope, but it's a great place to start.

1 comment: