Friday, April 9, 2010

My New Toy

Since Matt and I don't share Apple products well we both got iPads last Saturday! It's been seriously one of the best investments in our household.

In case you live under a rock or something and don't know what I'm talking about, it's Apple's latest and greatest gadget. It's kind of a step between an iPhone and a Macbook. I own all 3 and the iPad is my favorite. The Macbook is too big to carry with me at all times and my iPhone is too small to comfortably read or look at websites with for extended periods. The iPad was made specifically for people like me who don't use a computer for anything more technical than checking email or looking at websites. Plus it's small enough to carry all the time.

I rarely pick up my Macbook anymore. I need it to plug in my Bodybugg and do my calories (until they fix the mobile version and then I can use my iPad for that too) but I check my email, update my blog, read books, check other blogs and even make my shopping lists on the iPad. The only problem? My blog looks different on my iPad than it does on my Macbook. I have quite a few blogs that I don't read much simply because the text is lightly colored and the cute backgrounds don't show up on mobile devices so if the default background is white and the text is white then it shows up blank. :) I now find myself sorting through backgrounds and background colors so when I pull up my blog on my iPad it shows up in a way that I can see it.

I know most people aren't as Apple obsessed as we are, but today while at Target I had my iPad setting on top of my purse using it as my shopping list and some guy walks by and says to his wife, "See SHE appreciates the iPad!!" I had to laugh about it because I probably use mine more than Matt does in this house. I carry it in my purse all the time. It's my book, my notebook, my cookbook, my personal computer and calendar all in one little carrying case that fits in my purse. Sadly, M knows how to work it really well too so right now she's playing a Toy Story game on my iPad, J is watching tv and I'm updating colors on my blog via my Macbook. It's fabulous. :)

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely a rock dweller because I just found out what an iPad was just a few days ago when I happened to be watching TV and saw a commercial. Otherwise I still wouldn't have know. Looks like a neat contraption, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I didn't know it would fit in your purse! That changes everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to know more!! does it have ports? usb etc? is it essentially a super sized touch? I love my itouch sooo much, it's seriously my life but i hate reading/doing much on it b/c it's so tiny.

    ReplyDelete