Monday, April 5, 2010

Honey Chicken Kabobs

What you need:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey (or agave nectar)
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 t black pepper
8 chicken breast halves cut into 1 inch cubes
1 T minced garlic
skewers
red peppers, onions or whatever else you want to put on the kabobs

What to do:
**Mix together oil, soy sauce, honey and pepper. Before adding chicken reserve a small amount (1/4 cup) to brush on kabobs while cooking. Place garlic, chicken onions and peppers into the bowl and marinate at least 2 hours. *I did mine overnight*

**Preheat the grill to high heat.

**Drain marinade from chicken and discard. Thread chicken and vegetables on to skewers.

**Cook on the grill 12-15 minutes or until done. Turn and brush with reserved marinade often.

We made a few meals out of this so I just did 2 skewers a night and left the rest in the fridge still marinating until the next night. They are fabulous! One of the best things I've ever made! I served ours with brown rice and grilled pineapple with cinnamon.
Nutrition Info:
**Just for marinade**
Calories- 108
Fat- 7
Sat Fat- 1
Cholesterol- 0
Sodium- 587
Carbs- 13
Protein- 1

3 comments:

  1. Do you think that would work with soy? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you could make up the sauce and pour it over the brown rice and tofu actually. Not sure about soy. I can't stand the smell of it. :) don't they make some sort of fake chicken that's made with tofu or something? I swear I've seen such a thing at Trader Joes or Whole Foods or something. You could do it with just veggies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting it for me- the ingredients are on my list, we'll be eating it a couple nights next week! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete