Monday, July 19, 2010

School Supplies, Surgeons and Road Trips!

So just in case I thought the clothes shopping was the end of our back to school torture, I was wrong. Today we did the big school supply shopping trip and it was pure torture. I can't even tell you how many backpacks my children had to remove from the shelves, zip and unzip, carry around and then put back because something was wrong with it. For M it was a variety of different problems but for J it was just determining which Transformers character was more big kid appropriate. Then we couldn't find some of the things on our list, M had to search through millions of Kleenex boxes to find just the right one and there were way too many pencil box choices for a 5 year old. And I had to buy a few grocery items since we're leaving town on Thursday and I'd prefer my fabulous babysitter doesn't starve to death while she's here. Oh and my kids probably need to eat too. So now there's food in the house, everything is clean, sheets are washed and laundry is going.

I have an appointment with a surgeon on Wednesday and then another one next Friday so I'll keep everyone updated with how that goes, but we're leaving town Thursday so chances are I won't get around to doing an update until after both appointments. Then I'll have a fabulous Hullablou review to post as well. We're both VERY excited about this trip since we haven't been able to see any concerts this sumer. This will surely make up for it. And we're always up for a road trip! We have to be the only people in the world who look forward to being stuck in a car with each other for 11 hours each way. That can't be normal.


1 comment:

  1. Please tell me that you're not just now figuring out that you're not normal. You've know for awhile, right? Hehe, just kidding! I'm definitely no model for normalacy! Normal is boring!

    ReplyDelete