Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hullabalou!

Now I have to admit I could and should have taken millions of pictures at Hullabalou but it just didn't happen. It was really hot for one thing! We were pretty much drenched in sweat the entire weekend even when we were out of the sun and doing nothing. Friday we saw Train, Dierks Bentley and Bon Jovi. We missed Colbie Caillat and Green River Ordinance but it was just too hot to walk around all the different stages much. Matt managed to get his couple of pictures taken on Friday for the project he worked on and then we just went to the main stage and watched.

Saturday we decided to hang out with No Shoes Radio for the afternoon before heading in the doors. It was a lot of fun and Tambo impersonating Michael McDonald was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. We had a good time and got a few freebie things so it was all good. Other than the heat. Because did I mention the heat. It was so freaking hot!!
There was a line waiting to get in since it was Kenny night so we spent a few minutes (unlike the times we've spent 8+ hours waiting in line, this was nothing) waiting in line before the gates opened. We didn't make it to any of the other stages because I was not losing my spot to see Kenny! We ended up hanging out with some really fun people and the cops were only called up a few times so I would say it was a total success! I was kind of bummed we missed Ben Folds but we couldn't be 2 places at once and Kenny takes top priority.

Sunday we decided we'd had enough heat and misery so we decided to head back toward home since it's such a long drive. We ended up doing a night in St. Louis and then Matt worked from the hotel on Monday (while I shopped) and we headed home when he finished up. The drive wasn't bad at all and I'd totally do it all again. We had an amazing time and met some great people. Sunday night we missed seeing Steve Miller and Dave Matthews but it all worked out and I'm glad we went ahead and headed home instead.

If you want to see the official pictures (We are in one of the Day 2 Photos) you can check them out at hullabaloufest.com. This was their first year and I think we'd be crazy enough to go back if the line-up was equally good next year.

And because of this craziness, we have now officially not missed a summer of Kenny other than when I had a baby. And even then we considered it but my doctor wasn't crazy about me going to a concert at 9 months pregnant. In just a couple years we'll celebrate our 10 years with Kenny anniversary! ;)

Next up, my appointment with another doctor on Friday! This one was recommended to me by a friend and I'm really excited to see what he has to say! Then Matt has his HS reunion this weekend so it may be Monday before I get around to posting about it. Hope everyone else had as good a weekend as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment