I haven't talked much about weight loss lately, mostly because I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to do a real post, but here I go again. At this point I'm not trying to lose any substantial amount of weight. I'm just trying to find my comfort zone of what makes me feel good and I think I finally found it! Right now I'm eating 1200-1300 calories a day, doing 1 hr of cardio 5 days a week and doing strength training 3 days a week. It works out to be about 7-8 hours per week in the gym (which is way less than the 12 I was doing a few months ago) and 4 small meals a day. I'm keeping my carbs right around 100 and really limit what processed things I eat because I retain water really easily. I'm still losing a little bit. Maybe half a pound a week most of the time. I'm not looking for quick weight loss but this seems to be the calorie range and workout schedule that makes me feel good! I'm not sore from running 7-8 miles a day. I'm not laying in bed at night dead tired because I put all of my energy into working out and chasing kids. I'm spending more energy playing with my kids and hanging out with my husband instead. Forget weight loss goals and the number on the scale, this is what I always wanted. I wanted a reasonable workout plan that I could do forever, a diet that I could keep up for the rest of my life, energy to play with my kids and still be awake enough to spend time with my husband in the evenings. I made it. I finally made it. It took me 2 years and a lot of hard work, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Good for you, Shaila! Have I mentioned how great you look, too?!? ;)
ReplyDeleteAwesome. It is so nice to just be in a position to maintain. I am down to five hours a week in the gym. I just make sure I am working really hard while I am there!
ReplyDelete