Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Driveway Pizza

J was very insistent that he did not want a big birthday party this year and that was fine by me! That means I didn't have to plan and pay for a big party as soon as we got home. All he wanted was driveway pizza. Now for those of you normal people who don't do driveway pizza, it's where we all sit on the driveway on a summer evening and pretty much eat pizza straight out of the box. It's not rare on any summer night to drive down our street and see this, but tonight we were calling it J's birthday. Tonight we even used plates! Star Wars plates!



We had to come inside for cake. It was just a little too windy for the candles.

There were a few presents to open. He scored some awesome Stars Wars stuff and a Nerf gun!

The awesome Star Wars cake. The Litesabers even light up! Very cool!


This is the entertainment portion of the party. The kids had a blast. I almost felt like I needed to tip Corey for providing this service. :) I made him a painkiller instead. I must admit I'm getting pretty good at making them!

Poor J even had 4 shots on the day of his driveway pizza celebration but he toughed it out and stayed outside until 9 PM. Then as soon as he got inside he laid down on the couch and I think he was asleep before his head ever hit the pillow. We had a fun night though!

No comments:

Post a Comment