Sunday, March 21, 2010

We Survived!!

Spring break is officially over! After 9 days of having my children at home I quickly filled out forms at the YMCA to enroll them in mom's day out for the summer! It's not that they acted badly or that we didn't have fun, but man they have more energy than I can keep up with! We went to the zoo, the park (multiple times), went for bike rides, played outside, went swimming and did our shopping for all new summer clothes for the kids and me. They've stayed up late every night, played with grandma a lot (yay for mommy's sanity when grandma Sonya is around!) and even stayed one day with a babysitter while I went to the hospital for my mom's knee surgery. Now it's 7:30 and I'm totally done. The thought of doing this for 3 months was just overwhelming so one day a week they will be going to the Y to play with their friends while I have a sanity break. Or grocery shop. Whatever.

Matt and I were planning some things out today and realized we won't have a free weekend again until mid-May!! How ridiculous is that!? Next weekend grandma Sonya is taking the kids to dye Easter eggs while I go shopping with my friends in Kansas City. The following weekend they are staying the night at grandma Sonya's and we're making a trip down to see my family for Easter since my mom won't be able to travel yet. Then Matt is headed to San Jose for a loooonnnnggg trip (11 days, but I bet it feels like a month...oh and I'm headed out of town for a birthday party with friends). When he gets home we'll be celebrating his birthday and the 30th we're headed to Dallas to see the Kenny Chesney movie with grandma Sonya and Mark. We'll also be going to Ikea. Because we love Ikea. Only 5 weeks after that we're headed to St. John!!! I'm so excited!

So tomorrow is back to school, and swim lessons. Then we have ballet, piano lessons and a few playdates to attend this week. Looks like everything is back to normal.

2 comments:

  1. I better check into MDO for this summer also. Connor is not old enough yet though. I am really counting down the days until he is two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you survived! That's the main reason I was so adimate about taking a family vacation during spring break... to keep them busy! We'll see how I fair this summer... maybe I should think about a KDO too! : )

    ReplyDelete