Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thinking Nice Thoughts

I'm trying very hard today to find good things to say about my children. Boy are they making it hard! So here's my list so far:

1. They are potty trained so I don't have to change diapers.
2. They can get their own snacks so I don't have to make bottles or breastfeed anymore.
3. They will sit in front of the tv if I'm desperate for a sanity break.
4. They go to bed early. Extra early tonight.
5. They are cute.
6. They are healthy.
7. They haven't broken anything today.
8. They give lots of hugs...mostly to make up for the things they've done wrong, but still.
9. When I tell them I'm about to lose my patience they understand and back off...most of the time.
10. They smell clean because my husband has taken over back duty while I go to the Y for turbokick.

Hey I came up with 10 things. That's more than I thought I'd be able to do. Now it's off to M's 5 year check-up to get the much dreaded shots she needs for school next year.

By the way, I suck at posting my weigh-ins but I only have 10 pounds left to lose before I get to a weight I could be totally happy with. Honestly, my life isn't going to change after I hit that weight. It's just nice to know I'm almost there. I may still lose another 10-15 lbs after that if I think I can maintain it but I just don't know if I could ever weigh 130 lbs. I'm willing to just see where the scale stops after these last 10. It's been a long road and I'm ready to be at the end.

3 comments:

  1. YEA! Glad you are almost there! I can only imagine the dedication it takes to stick with the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Tough day with your kids today? I have a feeling I'll see you a lot next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have some pretty fab kids. I am totally sick of mine too, and we are only one day into spring break.

    Congrats on all the weightloss progress and realizations. I get it.

    ReplyDelete