Ingredients:
1.5 cups Picante Sauce
3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
Chicken breasts (I did 3 big ones to cut in half)
I did things a little differently than the recipe stated so this is my way of doing it. You could just mix the sauce, pour it over the chicken and throw it in the oven too.
Directions:
*Pound the chicken breasts so they cook more evenly.
*In an oven proof skillet, heat 1 T olive oil and add the chicken breasts. Season the chicken breasts to add some color/flavor with whatever you feel like. I used a Pampered Chef blend that I had in the cabinet.
* Once the chicken breasts are browned (not cooked...just browned on each side) pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and throw it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
Nutrition:
**just for the sauce**
6 servings
Calories- 50
Fat- 0
Sat Fat- 0
Chol- 0
Sodium- 318
Carbs- 11
Fiber-0
Protein- 0
It was great and I'll definitely make it again. The ingredients don't seem like things you should add together but they work!
I will definitely try this later in the week. I have all the stuff on hand. I know it will be delish because I have a wing recipe that has salsa, honey, and ginger in it. It is fab. You mix 1 cup salsa, 1/2 cup honey, 1tsp ginger. Use half to coat 24 wings, bake at 500 for 30 minutes, turning wings half way through, and then coat the wings with remaining sauce. It is absolutely the best wing recipe I have ever tasted.
ReplyDelete