Ok so I got my Bodybugg on Wednesday, charged it, set up the online account and strapped it on Wednesday night before bed. Yesterday was definitely a learning experience for me. It's really hard to guess how many calories you burn per day and my Bodybugg takes the guessing out of losing weight. I know how many calories I'm burning and how many calories I'm taking in. I really thought that I was pretty active before I got it but this makes me 100% accountable. Yesterday I burned 2700-ish calories and that included grocery shopping, 2 workout classes and lots of going up and down the stairs cleaning. It says on an average day I would only burn 1800 calories. I have to work REALLY hard to burn that extra 1000 calories per day! That's why my weight loss has slowed down so much I think. I was still treating my body like it weighs 220 lbs and I just don't weigh that much anymore. I don't burn many calories per day unless I work really hard for it. My daily goal is to burn between 2600-3000 calories and eat 1500-1600 calories. That means I won't be taking many breaks from working out, I won't be eating anything that isn't on my meal plan and I WILL be able to reach my goal before going back to St. John! Of course we're also headed to Las Vegas next week so I'm going to have to show some serious willpower. I've already scouted out all the places I feel comfortable eating and we've tried to revolve our plans around my eating plan. It kind of sucks to have to vacation while on a diet but I will make it work!
I'm glad it is working for you. And yeah, duh, you are burning less calories than you did eighty pounds ago. My trainer just said that to me yesterday, like hello, you already did the easy part. Oh, right. Anyway, I am pretty sure one of these handy devices would cause me to go off the deep end and eat everything in sight.
ReplyDelete