Sunday, October 10, 2010

An Update and Some Good News!

Things are still kind of rough around here right now and I hesitate to do a post explaining where things are and what's going on and I'm not sure why. Everyone who is close to me knows at least part of what's happening around here so it shouldn't be a big deal to just lay it all out there, right? But it still feels just a little too close to home to put out there for everyone to read. I'll just sum it up and say Matt and I have been going through a rough time in our marriage. We've been struggling with some things and we are both at fault. We don't communicate very well with each other and it's just been hard for me to have completely changed as a person when he hasn't changed. I really like to go out and hang out with my friends to sing karaoke, have a drink or two and hit the dance floor. Matt would much rather stay home and watch a movie. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it gets to the point that we spend a lot of time apart simply because we don't have the same interests. It's really hard to put into words everything that's happening right now so I'm not even going to try. It would just end up being a long rambling post and I'm sure it wouldn't be much fun to read. I am going to counseling by myself to try to work through some of the issues I have regarding the weight loss and new interests in my life. We're going to try marriage counseling again and see where it gets us. Hopefully it goes better than last time. That lady was CRAZY! She needs to be in therapy instead of doing it for others.

But onto the good news! I went and signed up to do a medical assistant program this week! It starts at the end of November and lasts just over a year. I'm really excited about it and I look forward to something new to challenge me in my life. I need something to focus on right now and I think this is just what I need. Not to mention it means I can have a full time career soon! I applaud anyone who can be a stay-at-home parent the whole time their child is living at home. It's not for me. I love my children but it's definitely an absence makes the heart grow fonder kind of thing. We are all together way too much in this house.

4 comments:

  1. Super excited about the CMA program!!! Sounds cool! We definitely need to make plans for Orange Leaf and talk some time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing you can do for yourself is make yourself employable and make your own money. Nobody can take that kind of independence away from you. This is a really good decision and something you should stick with. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Shaila! WTI? WATC? You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing WTI. Papers are all signed so I'm fully committed now. :)

    ReplyDelete