Wednesday, October 13, 2010

No Clever Title, Just an Update

I always forget how good running makes me feel. This morning I helped out in M's classroom so I had a very limited amount of time to spend at the gym before I had to pick up J. I jumped on the treadmill without hesitation and started running. I don't run often anymore simply because if I run for more than a couple days in a row my foot starts hurting and I end up starting all over again with the healing process. I've tried different shoes, ankle braces, stretching and anything else the doctor recommended but in the end it still hurts so I just don't do it much. That first mile is always the hardest for me. I made it past the first mile and felt ok so I pushed on to mile 2. Somewhere between 3 and 4 my foot started hurting so I gave up. It didn't matter that I couldn't run as far as I used to. I didn't care that as far as calories burned it probably wasn't a great workout. I felt fantastic! I came home to throw lunch in the oven real fast, picked up J from school, did some grocery shopping for some new Healthy Mama's recipes, finished up the paperwork for my school stuff and then went back to the gym to finish my workout. All in all I think it was a rather successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment