Thursday, August 12, 2010

Routine

School just cannot start soon enough around here. I so badly need to get back into a routine! I'm dragging myself to the gym but I'm not putting a whole hearted effort into it at all. Today I did some serious weight lifting for the first time in weeks and I'm feeling it now. I've still been doing Turbokick and tried the new Zumba class this week so I am certainly getting there and getting my workouts done, but I know I could be doing better. I haven't been running partly because my foot started bothering me, and partly because I just don't have any desire to run 5 miles a day right now. When I do run, I feel great. I totally 'get' the runner's high that people talk about. Once I make it past 2 miles I can pretty much run until I get bored. That has usually happened between 5 and 7 miles for me. But right now the thought of getting on a treadmill and running for miles and miles just doesn't appeal to me at all. I've been doing more classes just simply because it requires that I show up and not quit early. I had gotten to a point where I was really enjoying my workouts and I think I'll get there again once school starts and we aren't being so lazy. There are also other things in my life that have just taken priority over going to the gym quite as often.

This is what I worked so hard for. I like that I can have a couple of 'off' weeks and not worry that the scale isn't moving anywhere. I can occasionally have a bad eating day (I accidentally went 3 days of only eating 600-700 calories because I wasn't counting and I just don't eat much these days) and the scale doesn't move. At all. I may gain a pound or 2 but then it's off again before I have a chance to worry about it. Even after being on the road for 2 weeks the scale is right back where it was before I left. And it's certainly not because I've worked hard for it.

Next week is our last week of summer around here so I'll probably not work too terribly hard to get back into a routine until the kiddos are back in school. Then, even if I'm working, life will be easier simply because we do much better on a routine. I'm looking forward to seeing what this school year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment