Thursday, September 23, 2010

The State Fair

Now I would LOVE to write some magnificent post about how wonderful our fair experience was this year complete with happy children, not-so-hot weather and a funnel cake, but this is not that post. We had been at soccer games and a football game all day Saturday so Matt and I were both fairly sunburned. I personally LOVE summer and I can deal with a lot of sun and heat so I didn't mind too much that it was 100 degrees and I was walking around already red from the previous day. I did put on sunscreen but the heat of the sun wore Matt down fairly quickly. We met up with some friends and got to see the monkey show and my friend Teresa is a saint for holding J the whole time so he could see. I just can't do it anymore. I got to stand in the back and adore the baby (who by the way is the sweetest and most enjoyable child ever...I've only seen her cry once and she was hungry). We said our goodbyes so they could get home and we headed on our way. We were walking down the midway and J threw up (of course he did...) so he went with grandma to find a shady bench to sit down and Matt followed soon after. M and I were left with tickets for riding all the rides, but it really wasn't terrible. I don't mind riding rides as long as they aren't roller-coasters or anything that goes upside down. Then I want to throw up. But anyways, we had a great time and I swore I was going to throw up after we got off the Tilt-a-Whirl so I'd count that as a raging success as far as rides are concerned. She better plan on growing though because next year I have a list of rides I want to take on now that I'm not fat and want to try my hand at them again. When we went back to collect everyone else, Matt was beyond done and J was nearing his breaking point. They had stayed the night with grandma and he got up super early that day. Great timing, right? It's really the only day we had the opportunity to go I swear. I much prefer our leisurely trips to the fair we've done in the past but we made do with what time we had. Where was I...Oh yeah, then we went out to dinner where my kids thought I was mean because I ordered them grilled chicken and steamed vegetables and J fell asleep with his head in my lap and I had to carry all of his 48 lbs to the car. He weighs more than a third of what I do now so it's quite a challenge to carry him anywhere let alone when he's passed out and dead weight. Both kids slept the whole way home and went straight to bed as soon as we walked in the door, thank God! So there you have it. I'm sure Matt has pictures somewhere but he's drowning in work so I can't really bug him about it. They'll make their way here eventually I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. Try carrying that 48 pound kid when you weigh over 200. I am sure it is actually much easier now. But seriously, I cannot carry either one of my kids. They either have to walk or be dragged.

    ReplyDelete