Today is my birthday! I love birthdays, and this year is no exception, but I'm kind of sad to see my 25th year coming to an end. It's been a very good year. It's had ups and downs just like any other but the good has by far outweighed the bad this year. I've met a lot of goals, learned some things about myself, taken on some challenges, made some amazing friends, reconnected with some old friends and most of all I became happy with who I am. I never realized I was unhappy before I lost the weight. If someone had asked me if I felt unhappy I would have answered "no" without hesitation because I didn't feel unhappy. Now I know what I was missing. I know how it feels to put on size 6 jeans instead of size 22 and walk out the door feeling confident instead of content. Three years ago I would put on a nice outfit and feel 'ok' walking out the door. Now I put on a short dress or nice pair of jeans and have the confidence to know I look good in it! Am I perfect? Absolutely not!! Am I happy with where I am in life? Yes! I can only hope 26 is as good to me as 25 has been.
Happy Birthday, Shaila!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO proud of you Shaila! Happy Birthday... have a great one!!!
ReplyDeleteMan, I hope I can still fit into my size 6 jeans this fall! Happy birthday!
ReplyDelete