Friday, August 14, 2009

It's Been a Bit Crazy Here!

I'm not sure where this week disappeared to! On Monday we went to the pool since summer is almost over already. Tuesday M had a doctor's appointment to finish up preschool forms and also because her ear was hurting. Not to worry though, she's just a bit dramatic. It was red but not infected at all. Wednesday we went back to the pool again. Thursday was my mom's birthday so we went to see Ice Age at the theater with some friends (where they ate popcorn and candy for lunch) and then we drove down to my parents' house for the day with Tinkerbell cupcakes for grandma's birthday. The kids love going down there and after playing outside I had to strip J down and shake out his clothes because he was so dirty. There was dirt everywhere. The car ride down was torture because of that popcorn and candy. They were insane and loud and I was not a very happy momma by the time we got there. We had a fun day though and came home to play outside before bedtime. Today we went to a friend's house to play outside and then we headed to the shoe store. J only has one pair of shoes that fit and he kind of needed shoes to wear to school so I sucked it up and we went and got shoes. I had to buy him size 12.5!! We can no longer get the cheaper toddler shoes. Now we're in big boy shoes and those are expensive! So now J has 2 pair of school shoes and M got a new pair of running shoes for school too. Hers were cheaper because she has normal sized feet. Oh the joys of having growing children. About the time I think we don't have to buy anything else someone outgrows something. It's never ending!

This weekend we have a birthday party and M goes to her new dance studio to meet her teacher and get fitted for shoes. She's really excited about taking dance with all of her friends. I can't believe how big she's getting. This will be the last year I have 2 preschoolers. Next year she'll be in kindergarten! I can't believe it! My little girl is getting all grown up!

1 comment:

  1. Wow... sounds busy? Where will M be taking dance? You'll have to let me know how you like it- we are just testing the dance class waters!

    ReplyDelete