Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back on the Wagon

Somehow I've managed to lose 10 pounds since July 27th and I'm not exactly sure how that has happened but I'm going with it. I've been kind of stuck and maintaining all summer and then gained about 5 lbs right before our trip (good timing right?). When we got home I was terrified to get on the scale since I had pretty much drank my weight in rum for the entire trip. My diet pretty much consisted of pineapple juice, coconut cream, orange juice, rum and nutmeg. Just your basic painkiller repeated multiple times a day. I didn't eat much and I was sweating pretty much from the time we got up until we went to bed so I guess somehow it evened out. I came home weighing 5 lbs less. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. So I figured since my body was cooperating so well I may as well go with it and try to lose my last little bit of weight and I've dropped another 5 lbs since coming home. Now I'm back to the same old routine of religiously watching what I eat, working out 5 mornings a week before the sun comes up and pretty much revolving my life around my meals. It's exhausting and I hate it. I really want to be done so I've set my goal of another 10 lbs gone by October 3rd. Some friends and I are going shopping that weekend and I am going to need basically a new wardrobe for fall and winter. I have 2 long sleeve shirts I bought at the end of last year and 1 pair of jeans. That's pretty much it. If I just lose 10 more pounds I would drop 1 size and have a little room to lose another 5-10 pounds after that without my pants falling off. At that point I will be DONE! I maintain weight pretty easily so I'm not worried about ever gaining it back. I will still work out daily and watch what I eat but losing these last few pounds is going to be hard. I want to be at my goal by Thanksgiving. Then I have to make it through Christmas parties without gaining any of it back. 

While on the topic I want to mention that I completely changed my workout right before our trip and I credit any weight loss simply to this fact. Weight lifting is way more important than cardio!! I was doing over an hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weights and now I do 30 minutes of good, hard cardio and 45 minutes of weights. I do arms, shoulders and back one day and then legs the next. I do abs every day. And when I lift weights I mean I really push myself. Someone I met a few months ago gave me some tips on weight lifting and how she lost 45 lbs doing it and I've followed her advice. I doubled what I was lifting on most machines and added 10 lbs to my free weight reps. She told me you should sweat as much lifting weights as you do when you do cardio. I've never actually done hard weight lifting. I always did a little toning but no real weight lifting. This week is the first week I'm not so sore I can barely move. I'm still a bit sore but not like the first month. Ouch! 

So there you have it. When you see me turning down cake, pizza, cookies and everything else that tastes good for the immediate future you'll know why. I MUST lose this last 20 so I can be done. I so badly just want to be done and wear my goal pants that are hanging in my closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment