We arrived in St. Thomas fairly late so we stayed there for the night and headed over to St. John early the next morning. First, I have to say that the 'ferry' ride was not so enjoyable. I ended up feeling sick for the rest of the day. I've never gotten sick on a boat and while I didn't throw up I did have an awful headache and my stomach just felt really uneasy. Not a good way to spend a day of vacation. We did our grocery shopping though and went back to the villa and all was well the next morning. We hit the beach every single day. The beaches are just gorgeous and the sand was like powder on most of them. The water was unbelievably clear and the fish would just swim right against you (which I did NOT enjoy...those little suckers are slimy!)
This is how I spent a lot of time at those beaches. I must admit the back of my legs probably hadn't seen that much sun ever so I got pretty burned right at the edge of my swimsuit. Not pleasant while riding on the plane home!
All of the beaches are just kind of separated by rocks. If you'd swim around the rocks you'd pretty much be at the next beach.
See how clear that water is? Beautiful!
This was the view from our deck. It was really nice to just have dinner out there and look out over the water.
This was at Cinnamon Bay. It was probably our favorite and we spent a lot of time there.
I'm not sure which beach this was but it sure looks pretty. I miss the sun, sand and water already. Well, maybe not the sand. I think I brought some of that home with me. I'm not sure I'll ever get it out of my shoes and hair!
This was how we did our laundry. Every night we'd hang it out on the deck and the rain would wash it and the trade winds would dry it. By the next morning it was somewhat clean and dry. Good enough to go back to head back to the beach.
We had a fabulous time and can't wait to go back. It was a much needed break from everyday life. There was no tv, no kids screaming at us and it was nice to just sit back and relax for once. We did absolutely nothing and had a great time. I missed Target a lot though and was there first thing yesterday morning. Today we got back to completely normal. I went to the gym early this morning and then we hung out with our friends for part of the day. I missed just hanging out with my friends and letting the kids play. It was nice to go away but it's nice to be home too!



No comments:
Post a Comment