So yesterday I got the brilliant idea to take a walk to the library. Apparently I forgot that I have one child that doesn't like to walk any farther than 2 blocks (who was also just recovering from some stomach bug) and another child that runs instead of walking. Oh and it was almost 100 degrees at only 9:30 AM when we left. And did I mention that it's 2.5 miles? Yeah I'm not sure why in the world I thought this was a good idea. We made it exactly 2 blocks before M declared it was too hot and she was too tired for taking a walk. She ended up riding in the stroller for the next 2 miles. Poor J got tired after 2 miles (so was I!) and asked if he could ride. M did NOT want to get out of the stroller but I had to make her walk the last couple blocks so J could take a break. The poor child was dripping sweat. You could see streak marks from the sunscreen I had lathered him with! She whined for the entire 3 blocks she had to walk until we could see the library sign and J agreed to walk again so she could ride. Maybe he just got tired of listening to her. We ended up making it there in just under an hour. I didn't think we made bad time at all considering the heat and whining child. Once we got there they picked out their books, got a smoothie and cookie and they were good and tired for naps! I had a nice afternoon yesterday with both kids napping. That doesn't happen often anymore.
Just 2 more weeks! I couldn't be more excited. I pulled out the suitcases already and am packing. Yes I'm slightly neurotic when it comes to packing. I'm always worried I'll forget something and when you're going to a remote island t
hat's probably not something you want to deal with. It's a 40 minute boat ride to the nearest major store. Paradise!
No comments:
Post a Comment