Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some good news

My dad went home today and he looked better than he has for a while. He was back to giving us all a hard time so I felt a big sigh of relief. I can't even stop and think about how close we came to losing him. I'm certainly nowhere near ready to deal with that. I've never thought of my parents as 'old' but I know they aren't real young anymore. Hopefully we can keep them both out of the hospital for a while!

Only a couple more days to survive before our trip. I'm so ready but I'm trying to keep busy and not think about it. I'm almost packed and almost have the kiddos packed. I just need to get the house clean so that family can stay here with them for a few days. I don't think my sister would mind the mess but if my mom comes with her I'll come home to a list a mile long of things that need to be done. Matt says I take after my mom a lot. It drives me insane to have any amount of clutter or mess. My house is never a mess but it seems I'm constantly cleaning bathrooms, washing windows, cleaning ceiling fans, cleaning the kitchen and sweeping the foyer. I'll probably wait until Friday and do one big cleaning so I don't have to worry about it getting messed up again before we leave. Bathrooms got done tonight so that's one thing off my list done! For someone who hates cleaning I sure spend a lot of time doing it. I need a maid. And possibly a personal chef. Right now I'd settle for my husband having a job lined up!

1 comment:

  1. Shaila, I am glad to hear your Dad is a bit better. How scary! I can't wait to hear more about Matt's interview and what type of new adventures you might be heading off to!

    Oh, and I am completely jealous of your trip! You must have a nice big fruity drink with a pineapple slice and a little umbrella for me!

    ReplyDelete