Friday, September 25, 2009

A Little Too Much Excitement


My poor baby girl has been stuck in the hospital for a good chunk of the week and it's nice to be home this morning! I'm sick with some weird virus that caused blisters in my mouth (ouch!), J has some sort of upper respiratory thing and M ended up with the flu, pneumonia and strep! Her fever got as high as 106 and she started having some symptoms that got kind of scary. She woke up at one point Monday night and had no idea who we were and she was screaming hysterically that she wanted mommy even though I was right next to her. I called her doctor and we agreed to keep her home as long as she was drinking, peeing and her fever went down to under 104. On Tuesday she quit peeing, her fever was back up and she wasn't waking up to drink. She had pretty much lost all color in her skin and she insisted on being carried everywhere. We went in to the ER where they agreed she was extremely dehydrated and because of her asthma they wanted to do a chest x-ray just in case. It's a good thing they did because her left lung was really bad and her right lung was starting to cloud up. Her oxygen levels were fine and other than some slight wheezing she wasn't having trouble breathing. Because this is her 4th time having pneumonia they are going to be doing some tests to figure out why she keeps getting it.



Having her in the hospital made it very tricky to do things. When I came home to shower and take J to school she screamed at her daddy the entire time I was gone. We decided I wouldn't be leaving the hospital again but that meant daddy was stuck running back and forth between home and the hospital constantly. Then J got sick. Matt called and said J had thrown up and his fever was 104 so he was stuck staying home with a sick baby and I was stuck at the hospital with a sick baby. Grandmas did their share of helping out and running errands thankfully. I'm also extremely thankful to the people in our lives who have gone above and beyond for us this week. Whether it was checking in at 1 AM after work to check on us, bringing us warm meals, or bringing M's favorite movie up to the hospital because of a movie mix-up that was a very big deal to a 4 year old or mowing our yard so that we had one less thing to worry about, I REALLY appreciate those who helped us out during a really rough week. Hopefully next week will go better. I haven't been to the gym for over a week and that's pretty much unheard of for me. I also haven't been able to eat much so I think it will even out. Here's to hoping next week we can return to normal around here!

3 comments: