Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer is Coming to an End

Well, summer is officially over now. M started dance at a local studio and she LOVES it!

She also got a new haircut for a brand new school year. She got a couple inches cut off and it makes a world of difference.

We went to the local air show and watched some airplanes. The kids always love going and the weather was amazing this year!

Then school started! This is the only somewhat descent picture I could find from the first day of school. All the good ones are on Matt's camera so I'll have to post them some other time. So far both kids really like school. I was a bit worried that M would have a hard time with a new teacher and everything but she has some friends in the same class so it hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be.


Yesterday we went to our local arcade/amusement park so the kids could enjoy a full day of all the rides they could stand. We ended up spending all day there with grandma. The kids got wristbands to ride all day and I think we got our money's worth from them. They rode for hours and not once did they fight or complain.
This was the first year they let both kids ride the Go Karts! J technically isn't old enough but they never questioned that he wasn't 4. He's a big boy for his age. He loved the "mower cars" and has talked about them non-stop.




I can't believe how fast this summer flew by! We haven't been able to swim for weeks because the weather has been too cool and today is a rainy day so it's a very appropriate start to a new season for us. I'm excited about this school year with the kids but I'm still sad to see summer come to an end. We do still have one more Kenny Chesney concert to attend in 2 weeks so after that summer will really and truly be over. Here's to a happy and healthy school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment