First of all, Kenny Chesney was somewhat right when he sang those words but the rain we got on May 2nd was not sexy and was barely tolerable. We stood outside in wind, rain, hail, lightning and thunder to see this wonderful man. Even in the pouring rain it was an awesome concert. It's an experience we'll never forget. We were soaked to the bone and freezing cold but that didn't stop us from having a good time!
This was after the first round of rain (which the ponchos managed to mostly save us from).
And this is what happened when Kenny came on. He got through about 4 or 5 songs before it got too bad but when it rained it poured!

He stayed out there and gave us all he had. We had sandbar tickets so we were right up there with him.
But then the lightning started and the band left. Just Kenny was out there singing his heart out.
A few minutes later he told us it was best if he leave and we all just stood there in pouring rain having no idea what to do. We found out a bit later that the weight of the water was causing the stage to collapse and we were right under it. As amazing as it was I think everyone left really unhappy that night. We didn't get a real Kenny fix. It was pretty much the opposite of what a Kenny concert is supposed to be like. So this is round 2 on May 17th.Oh and did I mention that I got an autograph??? Yep! Finally after all these concerts I got Kenny to sign something for me. I also bought one of the awesome commemorative shirts from that night so I got 2 great souvenirs. He didn't sign much that night so I'm very thankful and feel very lucky! Yay Kenny! Now summer is officially here!

I can't believe how hard it was raining. I think you guys are a little crazy! :)
ReplyDelete