Friday, November 20, 2009

Tis the Season

Today I decided we should put up the Christmas tree. It's always such a chore to drag it up the stairs, assemble it and decorate it that I want it up as long as possible. Most years I end up taking down Christmas day or the day after because I'm totally over it by that point. This is the first year the kids have insisted on helping me put up the tree and I'd say it went fairly well. I know I'm in the minority here, but nobody touches my tree. Even my husband is only allowed to help carry it but isn't allowed to decorate it at all. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the tree and everything has it's place. Everything also has to match. I know it's a bit neurotic but if even one thing is out of place it drives me crazy. But I survived the experience and it's done for another year.

*Just so you all don't think I'm a mean mommy I do let them each have their own little tree in their bedroom that they decorate. They just can't touch mommy's tree.

On another note, M now has her own computer. I'm not sure exactly how this happened (it happened on Sunday when I still wasn't in my right mind enough to object) but apparently my child actually knows how to work a computer. She has her own little desk set up with everything and she does little coloring games and stuff. It was her daddy's idea and I think there have been times this week when he has regretted his choice but I make him deal with her when she's using it. That means every five minutes I hear, "Daddy, come look at this! Come save it for me!" I laugh a little each time knowing he has to get up and go deal with it.

So there you have it. Another week behind us. Next week is total chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment